[Interest] Qt 5.6LTS vs 5.7+

Roland Hughes roland at logikalsolutions.com
Mon Sep 5 14:53:20 CEST 2016

I ran it with what is currently in the Pi repos. The code is in the blog
post:

http://www.logikalsolutions.com/wordpress/information-technology/raspberry-qt-part-12-qml-blows-big-stinky-chunks/

Feel free to pull down the QML version and run whatever tests you want.
Scan back to this post:

http://www.logikalsolutions.com/wordpress/raspberry-pi/raspberry-qt-part-5/

for the SerialKeypad link to download the C++ version.

Speaking as someone with 30+ years in IT, using a scripting language for
anything other than a batch job is _always_ a bad idea. The overhead of
the engine places an undue burden on the processor. This is especially
true in the battery operated world and one of the main reasons we now
have "wall huggers."

--
Roland Hughes, President
Logikal Solutions