[Interest] Issue with qmake

Etienne Sandré-Chardonnal etienne.sandre at m4x.org
Wed Sep 28 11:02:36 CEST 2016

Dear all,

I have a reproducible issue with qmake and headers dependency.

A class header (myclassimp.h) is properly listed in the .pro HEADERS list,
and its path is in DEPENDPATH (this is a relative subfolder of the project
file)

The abstract class (defined in abstractclass.cpp) directly includes
myclassimp.h as it registers the various subclasses (for a factory pattern).

Whenever I add or remove members to the subclass in myclassimp.h,
abstractclass.cpp is not recompiled, and this causes the program to crash
of course since the wrong class is allocated/constructed by the factory. I
have to to force recompile it by hand.

How can I fix this? Is this a qmake bug/limitation?

Thanks!