[Interest] Composite (Image+circle) MapItem

Thu Sep 29 15:43:24 CEST 2016

On Monday 19 September 2016 11:40:53 AM IST Paolo Angelelli wrote:
> Inside Plane.qml is currently not possible.
>
> There is one patch under review that adds the MapItemGroup item,
> meaning a way to group map items as you ask.
> That's however 5.9 material :)

While I'm looking forward to this, is there an way for me to create a
MapItemGroup equivalent now in QML? Currently i have a MyMapItemGroup that has
one property that provides a reference to the map it lies within and
coordinate.

However, every CustomMapItem that derives from MyMapItemGroup is responsible
to bind its coordinate to MyMapItemGroup.coordinate and call
MyMapItemGroup.map.addMapItem() for it to show on the map.

Is there any way that I can implement MyMapItemGroup such that any direct
child that is a MapItem is added to the map?
--
Cheers!
Kishore

> best,
> Paolo
>
> On Wed, 14 Sep 2016 09:52:16 +0530

> > And I should mention that the circle should be defined/declared within
> > Plane.qml. In other words, the map does not know about the details of
> > Plane. It just creates a Plane object which should come with a circle
> > around the plane image.
> >
> > I just tried defining a MapCircle child of Plane item but got this
> > error output at the terminal.
> >
> > QML MapQuickItem: Use the sourceItem property for the contained item,
> > direct children are not supported
> > QML MapCircle: deleting this child
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Kishore
> >
> > On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 9:43 AM, Kishore J

> > > Is it possible to make a composite MapItem?
> > >
> > > Take the plane spotter example (http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/
> > > qtlocation-planespotter-example.html). I would like to a add a 500m
> > > circle around the plane defined in Plane.qml. Is this possible? How?
> > > --
> > > Regards,
> > > Kishore

Cheers!