[Interest] SceneGraph clearing buffers

Russell, Matthew MRussell at neptec.com
Fri Apr 7 04:59:56 CEST 2017

Hi

Is there a way to have a scene graph (called on beforeRendering) clear the buffers of a Scene3d on top of it?

i.e. I have a scene graph under my QML (similar to the Squircle example) where I call glClearColor, and a Scene3d with a RenderSurfaceSelector.

glClearColor clears the scene graphs buffers, but doesn't touch the buffers from the RenderSurfaceSelector.

Before the scene graph, I was using ClearBuffers in my RenderSurfaceSelector, but now that paints over my scene graph.  The only way I can get it working is to use a clear colour with a zero alpha.. It works but it just seems wrong.

Is there a better way to clear my buffers?  Or maybe I'm just doing something completely wrong, e.g. should I be using a stencil or something?

Thanks