[Interest] smoothest way to zoom/pan QGraphicsView?

Jean-Michaël Celerier jeanmichael.celerier at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 09:41:14 CEST 2017

In my experience setting a GL viewport makes everything much less snappy
(at least on linux & os x, did not test on windows).

Here is a video of my software with GL viewport: https://vid.me/kjRe
And without: https://vid.me/e2vu

As you can see (as far as one can see in such a video), when I move the
object with the GL viewport there is a visible lag between the position of
the cursor and the position of the object ; much less when there is only
software rendering.
The experience is even worse on macOS, but maybe because of the performance
cost of retina.
I also tried porting the main view to QtQuick 2 but it is roughly the same
"laggy" performance.

Best
-------
Jean-Michaël Celerier