[Interest] 3D plain rendered on both sides

Sean Harmer sean.harmer at kdab.com
Sat Apr 8 20:38:21 CEST 2017

Hi,

On 08/04/2017 15:25, Igor Mironchik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My custom geometry is plain. On front side it renders, but when I rotate
> it that only back side is visible then plain doesn't painted. What is
> the practice in such situation? I tried to defined back side in the
> geometry with the same positions but with normals looked at back. And
> this doesn't help. I need a plain that will be rendered on both sides.

Whether a triangle is considered forward or backward facing is
determined by the winding order of the vertices, so you also need to
swap the ordering on your other face.

Alternatively, disable the back face culling renderstate in your
material or frame graph. This is enabled by default for performance
reasons but if you explicitly need to see the backfaces this can be
adjusted.

Cheers,

Sean