[Interest] Getting a QImage from an QML Image, protocol, agnostic QImage?

Sean Harmer sean.harmer at kdab.com
Wed Apr 12 20:53:30 CEST 2017

On 12/04/2017 16:45, Roland Hughes wrote:
> Fine.
>
> You have the right to ACCESS but not COPY which is what someone told you
> to do with network manager. Copying images you do not own is a crime.

I did not tell him to copy it with QNAM. He asked how to obtain the
image data in memory before passing it to an Image item. What do you
think happens behind the scenes with Image when you specify a remote URL
as the source? Exactly this. You also don't know what images he wants to
fetch or what the purpose of doing so is. They may be images he or
colleagues/partners etc have made available specifically for this
purpose. I responded to a technical query.

Sean