[Interest] QtQuick import question

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Thu Apr 13 02:51:47 CEST 2017

> Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2017 at 12:05 PM
> From: "VStevenP via Interest" <interest at qt-project.org>
> To: interest at qt-project.org
> Subject: [Interest] QtQuick import question
>
> When importing a QtQuick version, is it best to import the most recent version, or the minimum version that supports the features (properties, etc.) of the components being used?

I've asked this before as well, I don't remember getting an answer. I go with whatever the documentation for the Qt version I'm using says, because there is no substantive table of what is in what version.

I'd love to use min version, but sometimes you just don't know. Also, there is no clear reason (that I can tell) to have a version.  I think it would be nightmareish if Qt backeded every version of QML import that is actually listed in my app, so I assume the version is min version.  Every other language gets away without having a version, I wonder why Qt requires it in the source?