[Interest] QtQuick import question

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 08:48:47 CEST 2017

Den 13 apr. 2017 2:52 fm skrev "Jason H" <jhihn at gmx.com>:

> > Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2017 at 12:05 PM
> > From: "VStevenP via Interest" <interest at qt-project.org>
> > To: interest at qt-project.org
> > Subject: [Interest] QtQuick import question
> >
> > When importing a QtQuick version, is it best to import the most recent
version, or the minimum version that supports the features (properties,
etc.) of the components being used?

> I've asked this before as well, I don't remember getting an answer. I go
with whatever the documentation for the Qt version I'm using says, because
there is no substantive table of what is in what version.

> I'd love to use min version, but sometimes you just don't know. Also,
there is no clear reason (that I can tell) to have a version.  I think it
would be nightmareish if Qt backeded every version of QML import that is
actually listed in my app, so I assume the version is min version.  Every
other language gets away without having a version, I wonder why Qt requires
it in the source?

+10, I would love if in our Quick application, we could just say "this is
the minimum Qt version we support" and avoid having to specify cryptic
versions on each QML import.

The lack of docs on when/in which Qt version a particular QML version of a
certain module was added doesn't help.

Elvis