[Interest] Qt 5.9 Beta and MSVC

Igor Mironchik igor.mironchik at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 20:43:25 CEST 2017

Hello folks,

Did anybody install Qt 5.9 Beta official binaries for MSVC?

Does qmake from Qt 5.9 Beta works for you in question of recognizing
compiler version?

I want to say that if you have qmake subdirs project, let's name it
root.pro, with following content:

TEMPLATE = subdirs

SUBDIRS = src

And in src you have src.pro with TEMPLATE = app

Then in my case first run of qmake works fine and produces Makefile and
.qmake.stash file with following content at the end:

QMAKE_CXX.QMAKE_MSC_VER = 1900
QMAKE_CXX.QMAKE_MSC_FULL_VER = 190024215
QMAKE_CXX.COMPILER_MACROS = \
     QMAKE_MSC_VER \
     QMAKE_MSC_FULL_VER

In my case I use MSVC 14.

This cashed values use in the next invocations of qmake. And in my case
it fails with:

Project ERROR: msvc-version.conf loaded but QMAKE_MSC_VER isn't set

Do you guys have the same issue?