[Interest] Another query on GTK platform theme/style

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 08:44:06 CEST 2017

Den 18 apr. 2017 6:46 fm skrev "Thiago Macieira" <thiago.macieira at intel.com
>:
>
> On segunda-feira, 17 de abril de 2017 11:01:48 PDT Dan Allen wrote:
> > Hi Thiago,
> >
> > Thanks for the information.
> >
> > Could you please confirm I've understood it correctly:
> >
> > 1. There's currently no way to achieve a native look and feel using
> > Qt5.8 in Ubuntu Unity or Gnome (i.e. GTK3 platform theme and style) with
> > or without qtstyleplugins.
>
> You can use qtstyleplugins, which will give you a Gtk2 (not Gtk3) style.
There
> has never been a Gtk3 style.
>
> Whether Canonical developed a Unity theme and/or style, I have no clue.
I've
> been told that Fedora did develop a Gtk3 theme for Adwaita. That is not
part
> of Qt, so you need to get it from wherever it resides.
>
> > 2. This is something that will be rectified in a future Qt release.
>
> Use the one from Fedora developers.

Do you mean as a temporary solution, or are there are no plans for an
official Gtk3 style plugin?

I've always thought it a great strength that Qt can look native on both the
big Linux desktops out of the box, so would be a bit sad if there are no
plans for a Gtk3 successor to the Gtk2 style.

Elvis