[Interest] Another query on GTK platform theme/style

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Apr 18 06:46:32 CEST 2017

On segunda-feira, 17 de abril de 2017 11:01:48 PDT Dan Allen wrote:
> Hi Thiago,
>
> Thanks for the information.
>
> Could you please confirm I've understood it correctly:
>
> 1. There's currently no way to achieve a native look and feel using
> Qt5.8 in Ubuntu Unity or Gnome (i.e. GTK3 platform theme and style) with
> or without qtstyleplugins.

You can use qtstyleplugins, which will give you a Gtk2 (not Gtk3) style. There
has never been a Gtk3 style.

Whether Canonical developed a Unity theme and/or style, I have no clue. I've
been told that Fedora did develop a Gtk3 theme for Adwaita. That is not part
of Qt, so you need to get it from wherever it resides.

> 2. This is something that will be rectified in a future Qt release.

Use the one from Fedora developers.