[Interest] Another query on GTK platform theme/style

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Apr 18 08:59:09 CEST 2017

Em segunda-feira, 17 de abril de 2017, às 23:44:06 PDT, Elvis Stansvik
escreveu:
> Den 18 apr. 2017 6:46 fm skrev "Thiago Macieira" <thiago.macieira at intel.com
> > > 2. This is something that will be rectified in a future Qt release.
> >
> > Use the one from Fedora developers.
>
> Do you mean as a temporary solution, or are there are no plans for an
> official Gtk3 style plugin?

I did not mean temporary. It's permanent as long as the developers of this
platform theme plugin do not decide to submit their code to Qt. It's their
project, they can do whatever they want with it. Now, I don't know if anyone
has ever asked them. I, for one, didn't know it existed until a few hours ago.

I don't think Qt developers should redevelop it from scratch. That wouldn't be
a good use of our time, plus the Fedora developers are actually knowledgeable
about Gtk, unlike us.

> I've always thought it a great strength that Qt can look native on both the
> big Linux desktops out of the box, so would be a bit sad if there are no
> plans for a Gtk3 successor to the Gtk2 style.

If the plugin is installed system-wide, any Qt should be able to load it, even
the official binary packages (provided the plugin can be somehow found).

This applies to the KDE platform theme plugin too.