[Interest] Crash with Qt application that use OpenGL

Tim Blechmann tim at klingt.org
Thu Apr 20 21:11:16 CEST 2017

>> I think that I have found a crash in the nvidia drivers made by QtQuick.
>
> Then the bug is in NVidia code. Report to them, please.

broken opengl drivers are a known issue on windows. it may be reasonable
to add this driver/device combination to the qt opengl blacklist and
enforce the use of ANGLE.

while this device seems to be new and chances are good that bugs will be
fixed, not so recent devices won't receive driver updates despite still
being widely in use. chrome and mozilla have extensive driver
blacklists, while qt only blacklists very few devices by default.

so i guess it's a good idea to file a bug report for qt as well ...