[Interest] Crash with Qt application that use OpenGL

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 12:48:23 CEST 2017

> Am 20.04.2017 um 19:27 schrieb Xavier Bigand <flamaros.xavier at gmail.com>:
>
> Hi,
>

> I think that I have found a crash in the nvidia drivers made by QtQuick.
>
> On the computer on which our application crash at startup in the nvoglv32.dll QtCreator crash too in the same way, that it why I suspect that it comes from Qt.

Hold on... you have a "crash" caused by a given library (here: nvogl32.dll) which makes several other applications go down, and you suspect the /other/ applications of being the culprit? What's the reasoning behind that?

Even if you throw bad OpenGL at a driver that driver is *never* supposed to "crash".

So why not at least try the same applications with another GPU/driver first?

Cheers