[Interest] Mac: a bit of 10.9 love

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 09:18:06 CEST 2017

On Friday August 04 2017 01:15:02 Jake Petroules wrote:

>> Probably because 10.9 does have a version of the 10.10 SDK .
>
>No, it has nothing to do with that. You are yet another Mac developer confusing the SDK version with the deployment target. :)

Ah, hum, yes. Well, you didn't say explicitly you were using MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET, were you now O:-)

>In my opinion, it SHOULD abort with error when this is attempted. You're literally making an explicit declaration of a requirement for a particular version.

Well, I'm glad things work like they do (and think I can see why they do but that's not the point here). You may not want to the hassle of continuing to support 10.9 but I'm doing nothing illegal in reintroducing the necessary code, am I now? It's been a not uninteresting ride until now, as it takes me to places in the code I would otherwise never get to look at...