[Interest] QtRO generate source classes (from .rep template file) with private members.

Stottlemyer, Brett (B.S.) bstottle at ford.com
Fri Aug 18 15:55:04 CEST 2017

On 8/18/17, 3:09 AM, "Interest on behalf of Houssem GHIAT" <interest-bounces+bstottle=ford.com at qt-project.org on behalf of ghiat.houssem at gmail.com> wrote:

    Why does repc generate the SimpleSource version of the classes with only private members, why not with protected members, is it a needed design decision ?.

The idea was simply that if you needed anything more than what was provided by SimpleSource (you have access to get/set functions in derived types), you have full control by using the Source object instead.  I guess I can see use cases where you want a read-only PROP, but want to set the source directly in the derived class.  Are you doing something like this?  Or do you have a different use-case?

Honestly, we haven’t had a need for the members to be protected so far.

Regards,
Brett