[Interest] Textures memory not being released

Sergio Martins sergio.martins at kdab.com
Mon Aug 21 13:42:05 CEST 2017

On 2017-08-21 11:29, Giuseppe D'Angelo wrote:
> Il 21/08/2017 12:23, Roger zanoni ha scritto:
>> When I run this code, it keeps allocating memory until my laptop
>> freezes. I did some basic testing using valgrind and massif, and the
>> result shows (I posted some images on the forum thread, I'm not sure
>> if I'm allowed to post images to this list), if I'm not
>> misinterpreting it, that the scenegraph/texture classes are the ones
>> using the memory. Is this a known issue?
>
> Perhaps it's related to
>
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/196320/5

I can still repro with that patch, so probably unrelated.
Doesn't happen on my laptop (intel), only on the desktop (nvidia).
Qt 5.6 looks fine.

Bug report please.

Regards,
--
SĂ©rgio Martins | sergio.martins at kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer
Tel: Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090, USA +1-866-777-KDAB(5322)