[Interest] QOpenGLWidget grabbing of offscreen content in Qt 5.10

Axel Jäger axeljaeger at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 23 21:46:17 CEST 2017

Hello,

I am developing an application that uses a QOpenGLWidget and that would
greatly benefit from grabbing offscreen content.

I tried implementing grabbing but had no success but that’s another story.

The new features of the upcoming Qt 5.10 mention:

“QOpenGLWidget is now usable for rendering and reading back (grabbing)
offscreen content.”

(https://wiki.qt.io/New_Features_in_Qt_5.10)

Can anyone elaborate on why this is currently not possible using Qt 5.9 and
what changed in Qt 5.10?

Are there any workarounds in 5.9?

Best regards

Axel Jäger