[Interest] QOpenGLWidget grabbing of offscreen content in Qt 5.10

Laszlo Agocs laszlo.agocs at qt.io
Thu Aug 24 09:51:04 CEST 2017

Hello,

That's just yet another way of producing GL content in a texture, and then optionally reading it back into a QImage. As shown in https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-61280 and https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-47185 some users prefer to use their existing QOpenGLWidget code path to do this. The changes simply enable this. At the same time nothing prevents anyone from using other methods to achieve the same (for example, QOpenGLContext+QOffscreenSurface+QOpenGLFramebufferObject), and those will work in earlier versions too.

Best regards,
Laszlo