[Interest] Code using QNetworkAccessManager::post() working on Linux but not on Mac

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 22:11:37 CEST 2017

Thiago Macieira wrote:

>> But again, even if those are exchangeable, why is QUrlQuery better? As far
>> as I can tell I'd be using that class or QUrl to construct something that's
>> not an URL.
>
> Because you're encoding something that is part of a URL's query. It's the same
> encoding.

I was indeed thinking that there'd be an advantage if one could put the URL and
the POST data in a single QUrlQuery instance, which could then be handed to
QNAM::post().

Those 7 lines are evidently more readable, but maybe that argument is moot if
you have to configure the server with an equivalent (or the same) cryptic string
(don't know, never had anything to do with that kind of thing).

> Ok, now try setting a password that contains "&p=".

I can't, not my server (but I think I get your point) :)

R.