[Interest] News about Qt on QNX ?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Aug 28 18:38:57 CEST 2017

On Monday, 28 August 2017 08:03:07 PDT Julien Bordes wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am currently developing a QtQuick/QML based application with Qt 5.9.1 and
> QNX 6.6 on a iMX6 platform with a Linux workstation and I have some
> difficulties to get fresh informations about Qt on QNX and I don't know
> where to look anymore.

Qt on QNX is still very well supported, by Blackberry themselves. It's one of
the platforms tested in the Qt continuous integration system.

I have no clue about iMX6 though.

> Based on those previous statements I have some questions, regarding Qt on
> QNX.
>
> - Roadmap and Modules support
>
> Does a roadmap about Qt on QNX exist ? If yes where can we find it ?

In the same place as the roadmap for all the other platforms.

We don't make roadmaps.

> It seems Qt 5.9 is supported by both QNX 6.6 and QNX 7.0, what will it be
> for later version of QT (5.10, 5.1x, and later 6.x) ?

Most likely we'll need to support 6.6 for some time. The fact that it uses GCC
4.7 was a problem, as I wanted to drop it from our supported list for 5.10.

> It there a way to know the list of modules supported for recent version of
> Qt ? I also found there is a Qt Bug about this planned to be fixed for Qt
> 5.10 (https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-59976).

All of the ones we develop. That excludes qtwebkit and qtwebengine, since they
are upstream projects.

> - Webengine
>
> Since Qt5.6 QtWebkit is no more officially supported by Qt. However you can
> compile it anyway but it works only with QWidgets and not with QtQuick/QML
> because QtDeclarative is not supported, from what I understand.

And there's QtWebkit 5.212 if you need an update.

> - Development
>
> Those last ones are organizational questions about how Qt and Qt Creator are
> developed for QNX, because it is not really clear for us.
>
> We understand there are QNX employees working on Qt, but are they also
> employees of Qt working on QNX port? Maybe it depends on which module/part
> ?

They work for Blackberry.

> From what we understood QtCreator is only maintained by Qt even for the QNX
> part, is that right ?