[Interest] Touch input in Qt 5.7.1

Luca Carlon carlon.luca at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 18:27:57 CET 2017

Hello,
I'm running Qt on eglfs on an embedded ARM board and I'm trying to use a
touch screen. Mouse and keyboard seem to work properly, I can also see
events from the touch screen, but the axes seem to be rotated.

I checked and it seems that my installation is using libinput. I read the
guide here http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/embedded-linux.html, which provides a way
to rotate the axes when using evdev. I therefore tried to use evdev by
using QT_QPA_EGLFS_NO_LIBINPUT, but in that case I get no touch event at
all in a MouseArea, even though it seems the touch screen is recognised
properly: https://pastebin.com/uf5BBYKc. evtest is providing the events
properly instead.
Any idea why I'm getting no event in Qt from evdev? Is it possible to
somehow rotate the axes from libinput? I found a few guides about it, but
those seem to refer to X11, while I'm using eglfs.
Thank you for any info.

Luca