[Interest] Qt3D, QtQuick, Windows 10, VS-2017 64 bit, Qt-5.10.0: Program not working

Helmut Mülner helmut.muelner at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 13:35:43 CET 2017

Hi all,

I have a program with a QtQuick UI, a backend in C++ including a custom
Entity derived from Qt3DCore::QEntity that is display in a Scene3D.

The program works with Qt-5.9.3.

But with precompiled Qt-5.10.0 (“Using Qt version 5.10.0 in
C:/Qt/5.10.0/msvc2017_64/lib”) I get the same errors I described in a
comment to https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-64279

It looks like some part of Qt first determines that my graphic card support
OpenGL 3 (it supports OGL 3.3) but later compiles the shaders for
QNormalDiffuseMapMaterial

In OGL ES 2.2 mode.

The error messages from the log start with:

ERROR: 3:63: 'const' : overloaded functions must have the same parameter
qualifiers

ERROR: 3:63: 'lightCount' : undeclared identifier

ERROR: 3:63: 'assign' : implicit conversion between types not allowed in ES
2.0

ERROR: 3:63: 'assign' : implicit conversion between types not allowed in ES
2.0

I checked that all loaded DLLs are from 5.10.0, the OpenGL function come
from ig7icd64.dll.

The example programs that use materials work.

If I set Qt3D.Renderer.Backend=true in qtlogging.ini I get these just before
the shader compile errors:

Qt3D.Renderer.Backend: void __cdecl
Qt3DRender::Render::Renderer::setSceneRoot(class
Qt3DCore::QBackendNodeFactory *,class Qt3DRender::Render::Entity *) DUMPING
SCENE

Qt3D.Renderer.Backend: class Qt3DRender::Render::GraphicsHelperInterface
*__cdecl
Qt3DRender::Render::GraphicsContext::resolveHighestOpenGLFunctions(void)
Building OpenGL 3.3

Qt3D.Renderer.Backend: context supports 16 texture units

Qt3D.Renderer.Backend: VAO support =  true

Qt3D.Renderer.Backend: class Qt3DRender::Render::GraphicsHelperInterface
*__cdecl
Qt3DRender::Render::GraphicsContext::resolveHighestOpenGLFunctions(void)
Building OpenGL 3.3

Qt3D.Renderer.Backend: context supports 16 texture units

Qt3D.Renderer.Backend: VAO support =  true

Can anybody guess what could be wrong?

Best regards,

Helmut