[Interest] Qt3D use own GL_TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES texture

Markus Ebner markus-ebner at web.de
Mon Dec 11 14:31:10 CET 2017

Hey,

I am currently developing an Android-App with Qt3D and try to use an own
OpenGL texture with the GL_TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES target as material.

Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to use an own texture, because
everything seems to be abstracted away, to also support DirectX.

The texture data is supplied from a system service, which is why I need
the GL_TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES-target.

In the shader using the texture, I would then also need to set:

#extension GL_OES_EGL_image_external : require

Is a use-case like this intended in any way, or is it currently simply
not possible to do this?

Thanks!

Markus Ebner