[Interest] building Qt 5.9 on Linux - clang or GCC?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Dec 21 02:28:46 CET 2017

On quarta-feira, 20 de dezembro de 2017 15:53:53 CST tomek wrote:
> Since you have started such a discussion I want to ask you if you have
> tried to compile latest Qt releases with clang on linux?

I have. It compiles just fine.

I haven't *run* anything with it for ages, though.

> I'm having some problems with I've described in more details on qt's forum:
>
> https://forum.qt.io/topic/86052/qt-5-10-0-compile-with-clang-on-ubuntu-17-10
>
> Hope you are tolerating links to qt's forum here.

Links are fine. But in the interest of expediency, you should post the actual
information in the mail. In order to answer you, I need to wait for the
website to load, which it hasn't in the last minute since I clicked the link
in the airport wifi.

So I can't help you. Maybe in 15 hours when I get to where I'm going.