[Interest] building Qt 5.9 on Linux - clang or GCC?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Dec 21 02:52:21 CET 2017

On quarta-feira, 20 de dezembro de 2017 19:28:46 CST Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > https://forum.qt.io/topic/86052/qt-5-10-0-compile-with-clang-on-ubuntu-17-> > 10
> >
> > Hope you are tolerating links to qt's forum here.
>
> Links are fine. But in the interest of expediency, you should post the
> actual information in the mail. In order to answer you, I need to wait for
> the website to load, which it hasn't in the last minute since I clicked the
> link in the airport wifi.
>
> So I can't help you. Maybe in 15 hours when I get to where I'm going.

Ok, it loaded.

Don't pass -c++11, -c++14 or -c++1z. Just let Qt choose the best one. That's
valid for EVERY platform, every compiler. I wanted to get rid of that option
altogether since users should not choose, but was overruled.

Anyway, for Clang on Linux, that's C++14, because Clang on Linux can't compile
the C++17 headers from libstdc++. As you've discovered.