[Interest] QWE 5.9.3/Linux: chromium build trips over headers from the installed system openssl, protobuf-cpp

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 15:20:27 CET 2017

On Friday December 22 2017 15:00:00 Michal Klocek wrote:

Hi,

>I am sorry to say that but your build environment looks broken.
>Returning -I/opt/local/include for glib-2.0 (if this is true) is bogus

Ah, thanks, it turns out that was indeed a local patch that I should have caught in the original packaging script I used to install a newer glib2, and removed. With the time it takes to build QWE it may be another day or so before I'm certain that was indeed the source of all mayhem...

>sth is misconfigured for pkg-config. Please note pkg-cofig always strips
>out system paths (expect you explicitly set PKG_CONFIG_ALLOW_SYSTEM_CFLAGS
>/ PKG_CONFIG_ALLOW_SYSTEM_LIBS).

Apparently it's not configured to consider /opt/local/include a system location, which does make sense.

Cheers,
R.