[Interest] QtCreator configure with custom compiler

Konstantin Shegunov kshegunov at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 13:39:14 CET 2017

On Sat, Feb 4, 2017 at 8:18 PM, Thiago Macieira
<thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
> Qt Creator modifies PATH for a number of tools

Modifies how?

> so it's possible that it picked
> up your g++ instead of your wrapper because something else was required and
> /usr/bin got moved up.

I don't see how it might have gotten moved up, but I might be missing
some crucial piece of information here ... All the compilers I tested
(including the wrapper compiler) are in `/usr/bin`. For reference I
had tried with gcc-5 (my distro's older gcc version is called like
this), and mpic++ the wrapper I originally wanted to use. Setting a
full path in the relevant text boxes in Creator also doesn't seem to
make any difference (as one'd expect). Overriding the compiler in the
.pro file did work the last time I checked though, however that was
some time ago.