[Interest] QtCreator configure with custom compiler

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sun Feb 5 19:30:28 CET 2017

On domingo, 5 de fevereiro de 2017 14:39:14 PST Konstantin Shegunov wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 4, 2017 at 8:18 PM, Thiago Macieira
>
> <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
> > Qt Creator modifies PATH for a number of tools
>
> Modifies how?

Prepends stuff to it. I know it adds the one for your compiler, according to
the Kit configuration, but it may add other things.

> > so it's possible that it picked
> > up your g++ instead of your wrapper because something else was required
> > and
> > /usr/bin got moved up.
>
> I don't see how it might have gotten moved up, but I might be missing
> some crucial piece of information here ... All the compilers I tested
> (including the wrapper compiler) are in `/usr/bin`. For reference I
> had tried with gcc-5 (my distro's older gcc version is called like
> this), and mpic++ the wrapper I originally wanted to use. Setting a
> full path in the relevant text boxes in Creator also doesn't seem to
> make any difference (as one'd expect). Overriding the compiler in the
> .pro file did work the last time I checked though, however that was
> some time ago.

Maybe you should give more information on the problem. If your compiler is not
called "g++", then you must have a mkspec, but you didn't mention that.

Also, please compile on the command-line and confirm it works. After that, let
us know in what ways compiling inside Qt Creator changes.