[Interest] QtCreator configure with custom compiler

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Feb 6 17:55:10 CET 2017

On segunda-feira, 6 de fevereiro de 2017 14:03:07 PST Konstantin Shegunov
wrote:
> I don't have a separate mkspec, and this must be the reason for the
> issue. Thanks, Thiago, for the feedback. I was hoping to use the
> default g++ mkspec, as the wrapper is fully compatible with the
> installed g++, but perhaps this isn't trivial to do from Creator. What
> would be the right way to override the binary without actually
> changing anything in the default mkspec? Should I copy the g++ mkspec
> and rename it, and then just change how the compiler binary is called?

Create a new mkspec whose qmake.conf does:

include(../linux-g++/qmake.conf)
QMAKE_CC = mpicc
QMAKE_CXX = mpic++
QMAKE_LINK = $$QMAKE_LINK
QMAKE_LINK_SHLIB = $$QMAKE_LINK

> Is it possible to use the default g++ mkspec but change how the
> compiler is called (from g++ to mpic++) from inside Creator?

Qt Creator has no such power.

You can change some things in your .pro file, but that has nothing to do with
Qt Creator.