[Interest] Qt 5.8.0 RC build under windows

Maurice Kalinowski Maurice.Kalinowski at qt.io
Wed Feb 8 10:16:58 CET 2017

> Hello, Maurice.
>
> > However, when compiling Qt there are config tests verifying your
> > environment is compatible against it. If not (for instance you do not
> > have the correct SDK), those features will be turned off.
> That seems very interesting features I never heard of. Can you explain little
> bit more? Where is the this tests are located and how this tests inform about
> results?

[Maurice Kalinowski]

Sorry for being late with the reply, but was busy traveling.

In the location case check the source tree as in here: http://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtlocation.git/tree/?h=5.9

Each module which needs to do checks, there is a config.tests directory, in that case contains gypsy and winrt. Each test is run through and stores it result. For WinRT if it fails compilation, the feature is disabled. If you are using a Windows 10 SDK, then the feature is enabled as compilation and runtime works.

If you do a toplevel build, all config tests of all submodules will be run during configure.

Maurice