[Interest] qsTranslate in QtQuick Designer

Tim Jenssen Tim.Jenssen at qt.io
Thu Feb 9 14:51:07 CET 2017

we hadn't this on our todo list - so please create a suggestion at https://bugreports.qt.io

With help from patch https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/143784/ to get the right locations, it should not that difficult.

________________________________
Von: Interest <interest-bounces+tim.jenssen=qt.io at qt-project.org> im Auftrag von Shantanu Tushar <shaan7in at gmail.com>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 8. Februar 2017 14:53:49
An: interest at qt-project.org
Betreff: [Interest] qsTranslate in QtQuick Designer

Hi folks,

We are using qsTranslate in our QML files because it lets us manually
set a relevant context. In contrast with qsTr this helps because
contexts don't change because the code moved across files. (There is
qsTrId but qsTranslate can contain the actual english string which
makes the code easier to understand, qsTranslate("Actions", "Submit")
than qsTrId("actions_submit"))

For some of the app's components we have started using the QtQuick
Designer so that our designer guy can also make small adjustments
without needing a developer's time. This works fine but qsTranslate is
not supported (only qsTr and qsTrId are). Are there any plans to
support qsTranslate as well? Or is there a technical limitation
because of which it might never be possible?

Cheers,

--
Shantanu Tushar    (UTC +0530)
shantanu.io