[Interest] qsTranslate in QtQuick Designer

Shantanu Tushar shaan7in at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 14:53:49 CET 2017

Hi folks,

We are using qsTranslate in our QML files because it lets us manually
set a relevant context. In contrast with qsTr this helps because
contexts don't change because the code moved across files. (There is
qsTrId but qsTranslate can contain the actual english string which
makes the code easier to understand, qsTranslate("Actions", "Submit")
than qsTrId("actions_submit"))

For some of the app's components we have started using the QtQuick
Designer so that our designer guy can also make small adjustments
without needing a developer's time. This works fine but qsTranslate is
not supported (only qsTr and qsTrId are). Are there any plans to
support qsTranslate as well? Or is there a technical limitation
because of which it might never be possible?

Cheers,

--
Shantanu Tushar    (UTC +0530)
shantanu.io