[Interest] initialising a dictionary-type container instance with a static table?

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 23:18:53 CET 2017

Roger Leigh wrote:

> Which versions are you referring to, specifically?

I am not sure and haven't yet had the time to see if I can figure out under what
circumstances I had to work around lack of initialiser list support. It's
possible this was on 10.6 but it's also possible it was in Qt4-based code and it
was simply related to how the preprocessor token was defined.
Either way, it's not relevant for what I'm doing.

> Only versions 10.10-10.12 have security support, 10.9 appears ended
> now?

Not sure about that.

> headless or virtually.  We take the line of if Apple don't support it
> then neither do we; three versions is plenty enough of a support and
> testing burden as it is.

Well, I won't blame you for that though I'd love not to have to upgrade from
10.9 anytime soon. It took me months to get 10.9 work according to my taste
coming from 10.6, I'm not at all looking at repeating that as long most things
still work without having to spend through too many hoops.

R.