[Interest] Building Qt 5.8 from source on Windows - x86-windows-msvc2015-pe-32bit may not produce code compatible with the Qt version 5.8.1 (x86-windows-unknown-pe-32bit)

Nuno Santos nunosantos at imaginando.pt
Tue Jan 3 19:42:23 CET 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to build Qt 5.8 from source and I'm having problems I have
never had when building previous versions. This is what I do to build it:

With git bash:

- git clone git://code.qt.io/qt/qt5.git
- cd qt5
- perl init-repository

With windows command prompt

- I run the following .bat

CALL "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
14.0\VC\vcvarsall.bat" x86
SET _ROOT=C:\Qt\5.8\src\
SET PATH=%_ROOT%\qtbase\bin;%_ROOT%\gnuwin32\bin;%PATH%;c:\python27\
SET QMAKESPEC=win32-msvc
SET QMAKE_MSC_VER=1900
SET _ROOT=

Before I didn't need to set QMAKE_MSC_VER but if I don't set it,
configure complains about the fact it isn't set. I'm not sure about the
correct value to set but after inspecting msvc-version.conf I decided
that I should use the value 1900 to have it configured for msvc-2015.

- Then I call configure:

configure -prefix c:\qt\5.8\msvc2015_5_8_static_32 -commercial
-debug-and-release -static -static-runtime -nomake examples -nomake
tools -nomake tests -opengl dynamic -skip multimedia -skip qt3d -skip
qtsensors -skip webengine

Then I build and install it.

When setting the new kit on Qt Creator I have the following warning. I
cannot use this kit to run qmake. It says: "The kit Desktop Qt 5.8.1
MSVC2013 32bit Static has configuration issues which might be the root
cause for this problem."

What is wrong? What am I missing here?

Thanks,

Regards,