[Interest] Android: This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "android"

Eskil Abrahamsen Blomfeldt eskil.abrahamsen-blomfeldt at qt.io
Thu Jan 5 10:10:45 CET 2017

Den 03.01.2017 17:54, skrev Wassmuth, Christian:
> Hallo,
>
> I've tried to build Qt for android from the 5.8 branch in git. The build succeeded without error, but when I try to run an app against this version, I get the following error:
>
> F libuntitled1.so: kernel/qguiapplication.cpp:1132 (void init_platform(const QString&, const QString&, const QString&, int&, char**)): This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "android"
> F libuntitled1.so: in "".
>
> Does anyone know what caused this error?
> The prebuild 5.7 android package runs well.
>
> The Qt configuration was:
> ./configure -xplatform android-g++ -nomake tests -nomake examples -android-ndk /home/oculus/android-ndk-r13b -android-sdk /home/oculus/android-sdk -android-ndk-host linux-x86_64 -android-toolchain-version 4.9 -skip qttranslations -skip qtwebkit -skip qtserialport -skip qtwebkit-examples -skip qtwebengine -no-warnings-are-errors -confirm-license -opensource -developer-build -opengl es2 -shared -qpa android

Hi,

In Android NDK r11 and up there is a bug in GCC which causes this to
happen, so in order to compile Qt, you have to use Android NDK r10e.
Since Google has deprecated GCC now, they do not intend to fix this
problem, but their replacement, clang, currently creates too large
binaries to be usable for us. They are looking into this problem,
though. You can follow and join the discussion here:
https://github.com/android-ndk/ndk/issues/67

Also, see known issues in Android here:
https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_for_Android_known_issues

--