[Interest] Android: This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "android"

Wassmuth, Christian c.wassmuth at oculus.de
Thu Jan 5 13:55:07 CET 2017

I think that was exactly my problem. I fool read the known issues page and noticed the recommendation for the r10e ndk, because of the bug in r11. But I thought that newer ndk are not affected and I expected a compile error, instead of the runtime error.
Apparently the bug doesn't show up in every build. With the same ndk I built 5.7.1 and 5.8.0-rc1 which worked. Then pulled 5.8 back again and now even this build runs well.

Thank you for your help!