[Interest] Qt3D - Uniform value arrays

Donald Marotzke ib-marotzke at t-online.de
Thu Jan 5 12:04:32 CET 2017

With the help of the Qt3D source code, especially the file uniform.cpp,
I found out that the type of uniform should be QVariantList for uniform
value arrays. It should work with arrays of float, all types compound of
floats as QColor and possibly with all types which have the same byte
size as float like int.
Unfortunately I can't get it to work. I set a breakpoint in
UniformValue::fromVariant and saw that my data was copied, but it never
arrived in the shader. Has anybody used it before or is this a bug?  Btw
at the moment I'm using Qt 5.8.0 rc.

Donald