[Interest] Qt 5.7+ and Command+Shift shortcuts on Mac

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 12:52:44 CET 2017

Hi,

I'm noticing a different in the handling of Command+Shift shortcuts on Mac, after upgrading to Qt 5.7.1

Pre-existing shortcuts like Command+Shift+, for Command-< continue to show up as Command-< (<) but they no longer function. When I try to re-record them, the Shift modifier is dropped and I see Command-, instead. Though the Shift modifier is apparently taken into account at some level the shortcut still doesn't work.

Is this purely a change in Qt5, or should I be looking at a change somewhere in a KF5 framework (I upgraded to 5.29.0 not long before upgrading Qt).

I'm not noticing any differences under X11, btw., using almost identical builds.

R.