[Interest] Needed working stop/start for animated SVG

Shawn Rutledge Shawn.Rutledge at qt.io
Wed Jan 11 14:36:37 CET 2017

> On 11 Jan 2017, at 13:43, Serge K via Interest <interest at qt-project.org> wrote:
>
> I am not sure about patch. I'm going distribute my product using Ministro to reduce space used by Qt libraries. There will be several "parts" of this product distributed separately. But they will use same Qt libs set. Without Ministro each part will have copy of all used Qt libs. But with Ministro parts will share one set of libs. Qt libs will be downloaded by Ministro from Qt repository. Therefore I cannot be sure if patch will be applied before I start distribution. That means I should wait for it. No. I cannot be limited by this.

That’s a very typical problem almost everyone runs into… you need a workaround for now, but it would still be nice to get it fixed in Qt eventually, even if it takes a year, right?  Then eventually you won’t need your workaround anymore, when Ministro gets updated to the Qt version which has the fix.