[Interest] Qt 5.8.0 RC build under windows

Gunnar Roth gunnar.roth at gmx.de
Fri Jan 20 08:57:36 CET 2017

>> qtdeclarative\src\plugins\scenegraph\d3d12\Makefile.Debug
>> [.obj\debug\qsgd3d12shadereffectnode.obj] Error 2 and it is :
>> qtdeclarative\src\plugins\scenegraph\d3d12\qsgd3d12shadereffectnode.cpp(544)
>> : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'textureProviders'
>>
>> What is that and why it can be? How to avoid that error?

>That looks like a genuine problem, but I have no clue what it is about. Please
>report it against Qt3D.

Well thats an error on the directx 3d 12.0 scenegraph implementationin qtdeclarative, not Qt3d.

I have no problem compiling 5.8.0rc with vs2015 upd3  ( well angle crashes, my latest assumption is use of ltcg ) it brings its own win10 sdk.
I am also able to compile with vs2017rc ( using a patch from 5.8).

Regards,
Gunnar Roth