[Interest] Qt 5.8.0 RC build under windows

Prav pr12og2 at programist.ru
Sun Jan 22 10:58:13 CET 2017

Hello, Thiago.

> Please explain why an application should not detect recent versions of Windows
> and use extra functionality that is there, making it better and/or more
> integrated with the OS.

I told you my opinion : what you called "extra functionality" does not exist for desktop Qt and does not make desktop Qt better.
Function helpful for WinRT Qt is building in desktop Qt. As the result there is a need in WinRT part of SDK. As result compatibility with Win7SDK was lost (it has no WinRT part).
Finally : compatibility with Win7SDK was lost for nothing. I just informed you about that mistake in your understanding. That is ALL I can do for that problem.