[Interest] Debugging helpers in Ubuntu

Etienne Sandré-Chardonnal etienne.sandre at m4x.org
Mon Jan 23 10:56:28 CET 2017

Hi,

I have a fresh & clean Ubuntu 16.04 install which is up to date.

With QtCreator, if I enable the debugging helpers and stop on some
breakpoints, I get a bunch of "Segmentation fault" dialog boxes opening
until the desktop totally freezes. The only way I found to recover was
switching to legacy text mode console and kill the desktop...

This does not happen at every place in the debugged code, it seems some
specific local variables do this.

Do you have any idea how to fix this? This is super annoying... I don't
even know if this comes from Qt or GDB.

Thanks!

Etienne