[Interest] Debugging helpers in Ubuntu

Viktor Engelmann viktor.engelmann at qt.io
Mon Jan 23 11:29:26 CET 2017

If it has to do with certain variables, then that only makes sense if
the "locals and expressions" panel wants to display an object that has
been deleted already, so there would be a dangling pointer. Does that
happen in your code or Qt code? If Qt, can you tell which methods?

regards

Viktor

Am 23.01.2017 um 10:56 schrieb Etienne Sandré-Chardonnal:
> Hi,
>
> I have a fresh & clean Ubuntu 16.04 install which is up to date.
>
> With QtCreator, if I enable the debugging helpers and stop on some
> breakpoints, I get a bunch of "Segmentation fault" dialog boxes
> opening until the desktop totally freezes. The only way I found to
> recover was switching to legacy text mode console and kill the desktop...
>
> This does not happen at every place in the debugged code, it seems
> some specific local variables do this.
>
> Do you have any idea how to fix this? This is super annoying... I
> don't even know if this comes from Qt or GDB.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Etienne

Viktor Engelmann
Software Engineer

The Qt Company GmbH
Rudower Chaussee 13
D-12489 Berlin

Viktor.Engelmann at qt.io
+49 151 26784521

http://qt.io
Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Mika Harjuaho
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 144331 B