[Interest] TypeError during cythonize

Frank Rueter | OHUfx frank at ohufx.com
Wed Jan 25 21:38:20 CET 2017

Hi all,

I have run into this issue a couple of times now:

Some of my class declarations look like this:

    class DBTaskQueue(QtCore.QObject):
         def __init__(self, npdbInstance, task=None, parent=None):
             super(DBTaskQueue, self).__init__(parent)

This works fine when run as pure python code but when I cythonize I get
this error:

    TypeError:super(type,obj):obj must be an instance orsubtype of type

The error only happens when I provide arguments to t super() - e.g.
"parent" in this case.
The workaround is to use this instead:

    class DBTaskQueue(QtCore.QObject):
         def __init__(self, npdbInstance, task=None, parent=None):
    *QtCore.QObject.__init__(self, parent)*

When there is no  argument to super() it always seems to be happy.

Is this a bug or user error?

Cheers,
frank

--