[Interest] Qt3D: Create custom meshes and textures in C++, use in QML

Helmut Mülner helmut.muelner at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 12:50:24 CEST 2017

Hi Oleg,

> Or is it possible to construct some of these in C++ and use them in QML via setContextProperty: Buffer, Geometry, GeometryRenderer or other classes from the Qt3D modules?

>From my point of view it would be better to construct them (Buffer, Geometry, GeometryRenderer, Textures and so on) in C++ and use them also in C++. Just make some of "using" functions Q_INVOKABLE to have ability to call them from QML when need it.

Also you can "get access" to certain entities through Q_PROPERTY for QML GUI.

I think you misunderstood me: MY GUI is in QML, only the backend is in C++. I already have a test application completely written in C++ that uses a Qt3DExtras::Qt3DWindow, but now I want to integrate this in a QML frontend using Scene3D.

Cheers,

Helmut