[Interest] Qt3D: Create custom meshes and textures in C++, use in QML

Oleg Evseev ev.mipt at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 13:47:38 CEST 2017

> This is basically the same approach as in the Stackoverflow answer

That's why I wrote "*I'm not sure I understand your problem in a right way"*
before. Why is this approach not suitable for you?
(just in case, in difference with StackOverflow approach in my example
camera and render settings are done in backend in C++)

> It would be nice if the Qt3D developers could add one or more
applications of mixed C++/QML Qt3D development to the Qt3D example
collection. Life would be so much easier.

After all there there are many articles and examples about mixed C++/QML, I
didn't see any uniqueness of Qt3D in this questions.
And after understanding this simple approach with qmlRegisterType you can
use any Qt3D example with c++ backend, why not?