[Interest] Headless Install of Qt using a JavaScript File

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Thu Jul 6 16:32:57 CEST 2017

I am updating our script file for installing Qt 5.9.1 in an automated
fashion. We do this by calling the installer with the --script argument.
Generally works great for the default install. I would like to customize
the install to remove some of the components. At one point I had code
like this in my .js file:

widget.deselectComponent("qt.55.qtquick1");
widget.deselectComponent("qt.55.qtscript");
widget.selectComponent("qt.56.qtwebengine");

What values do I use for Qt 5.9.x?

Is there a way to find out what the possible values are? I tried
guessing at them but what I think are obvious ideas did not work. I want
to only install qtwebengine and the macOS component. I don't need the
iOS or Android or any of the "TP" components.

I tried looking through the download.qt.io website by hand looking for a
meta.xml file or something like that.

Any help is much appreciated.

--
Michael A. Jackson