[Interest] [OT] Re: Interest Digest, Vol 69, Issue 11

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 11:52:18 CEST 2017

> Am 08.07.2017 um 22:08 schrieb Roland Hughes <roland at logikalsolutions.com>:
> If you are really old like I am you remember a time when we had feeble 8086, 80286 based desktops and just down the hall there were Sparc Stations and all of these other high end engineering workstations.

Hey! I /do/ remember at least 80286 CPUs (*). You're not /that/ old!

;)

Cheers,
  Oliver

(*) I never had one, but friends of mine had. At that time I had the "computer of the future": the Amiga. Beat the Atari ST in every way, except perhaps screen resolution. But who fancies monochrome anyway ;) What will quantum computer owners brag about in the future? "My quantum CPU has more multiple states than yours"? ;)